Now I know this post is a tad later as summer is nearly over but I also know a lot of students like me love to avoid crazy summer prices and will be heading away over the next 6 weeks. The reason behind this post is that today, I started packing for my holiday, it is a tad early but if you know me or follow my blog you’ll know I love to pack way in advance, and it’s one of the most organised aspects of my life. Seen as my ‘What to pack for a city break’ was such a hit last year I thought I would do a, what to pack for a casual sunshine holiday. In less than 3 weeks I am off to Florida for my 21st birthday with my boyfriend, I know I’m a very lucky girl. I have been once before when I was 17 and the one thing I noticed was that it was all very casual.. I mean a cute summer dress and a pair of flat sandals is as dressy as I would go. The other thing you have to keep in mind when going somewhere like America is the heat! Its meant to be around 32 degrees which is fine when you are lying in your bikini by the pool but when you are walking round theme parks, a bikini isn’t acceptable. You need to choose light weight clothes in order to be comfortable and stay cool.
So I have compiled a list of things I think you need, and thing I will definitely be taking on my holiday!!
1. A little sundress is great for either shoving over your bikini during the day, or putting on with some cute sandals at night to head out for tea! This one is from H&M and is only £5.99. Even if you have been on your holiday this year this is a bargain for next years holiday! – available here -
2. A backpack is perfect for this kind of holiday. Although a small over the shoulder bag might do I don’t want to be walking round the theme parks carrying a handbag. It will also be great if you are heading to the beach/water park. This one is River Island! – available here -
3. Comfy Sandals are a must! Flip flops are fine for a beach holiday but when you are going to be walking round all day you want comfy shoes that are going to stay on your feet. These ASOS ones are perfect as you are strapped in and they have thick soles, they are also so cute. – available here -
4. A secure bikini/swimsuit is definitely necessary if you are planning on going down any water slides. I love bandeau bikinis but they do nothing for my figure, and secondly they are 100% not secure. I love this one from Topshop, so simple yet the detail on the back is amazing! – available here -
5. A camera is an essential on any holiday. This Canon Camera is my point and shoot camera that I take on trips and days out when my DSLR is just too much, and too heavy to carry. -available here -
6. Suncream is obviously needed especially if you are used to Scottish weather! If you haven’t tried Malibu suncream then you are missing out! I have used it for so many years that the smell just reminds me of holidays. Oh and it smells like coconuts, yes i know, amazing! – available here -
7. Strapless tops are so important to me on holidays like this, especially when you are going to be doing a lot more walking about than sunbathing. I hate strap marks so this is a sure fire way of not getting any odd white lines! This one is from Topshop and is now in the sale!! – available here -
8. Light weight cotton shorts are the only shorts you need, trust me! The heat and the amazing water rides mean denim shorts are not a good idea due to being uncomfy and taking a ridiculous amount of time to dry once wet. So this year I am taking ones like these Sister Jane ones. – available here -
9. Sunglasses, preferably big round ones, are necessary on any holiday so these definitely needed to be on my list. – available here -
10. Hair accessories are vital so you can pop your hair up and stay cool. I thought these stretch bands from Topshop were a very cute alternative to just your usual elastic bobble! – available here -
I can’t wait for my holiday! I’d love to know if you have been away or you are going away and what you always need to pack for a summer getaway!
| Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Pintrest |